Join us and be part of a dynamic, empowered, and growing team! Based in Boulder, Colorado, Bridge House offers a range of opportunities for men and women experiencing homelessness to improve their lives. Through our Bridge of Opportunity, we offer passage to a brighter future with a goal to end homelessness one person at a time. Bridge House offers a range of programs from access to basic needs, such as meals and shelter, to our award-winning Ready to Work model, combining employment in social enterprise with housing and supportive services for a year. Bridge House is a thought-leader and innovator in the field of homeless services. We are experiencing growth on many fronts, including increased functional responsibilities in Boulder, geographic facility expansion and much more. The newly created Chief Operations Officer role will be a critical contributor to setting and implementing the vision.
Position: Chief Operations Officer (COO) reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
- Company Culture: Work closely with the CEO and program staff to support the evolution of an already collaborative organization. Help define how we maintain a healthy culture as we move forward with organizational and functional objectives, including expansion.
- Operations: Establish relationships with key functional leads, program directors within Bridge House, to increase satisfaction and Define processes, tools and metrics to ensure a smooth day- to-day operational approach across the organization.
- Strategic planning: Participate in organizational strategic planning and define the steps to implement vision efficiently and sustainably.
- Human Resources: Work closely with HR to ensure successful implementation of policy and procedures while staying in compliance. Work with the functional leaders to define staffing needs and identify the necessary candidates to fill the roles.
- Finance: Develop the annual financial plan with the Board Finance Committee, the CEO and key Provide financial oversight to track funding and expenses to ensure we meet our objectives. Work with legal on contracts and insurance, including business development for Bridge House social enterprises.
- Facilities: Manage all aspects of Bridge House facilities including Ready to Work House and Community Table Kitchen. Develop a facilities plan for each with program staff.
- Management: Lead your direct reports to success; provide mentorship, development plans and opportunities for growth across your team. We’re a business based on taking care of people, and ensuring that our most precious assets are treated professionally is paramount.
- IT and Data systems: Define the appropriate IT infrastructure and applications needed across the company to increase productivity. Develop, deploy and maintain the systems, ensuring corporate compliance on all Work with the leaders to define the metrics and reporting to self-assess our performance as an organization allowing continual improvement.
- Ten or more years of experience in roles with similar responsibilities as listed
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- A builder of relationships and good communicator who can inspire a team from a variety of different backgrounds.
- A strategic thinker who is able see the big picture and determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis.
- A quick learner who copes effectively with complexity and an organized planner who is able to focus on key priorities.
- A team player who reaches out to staff, peers, board members, and appropriate community stakeholders to establish an overall collaborative working relationships.
- A skilled manager with the ability to lead a team and work closely with the CEO.
- A person with passion and enthusiasm with a commitment to addressing homelessness through innovative solutions.
Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and references to HR Specialist. Shannon Kiss at firstname.lastname@example.org with COO of Bridge House in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
- Bridge House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the spirit of the intent of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state of local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment and includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct that has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as clients, vendors, consultants, ect.