Our 2019 Impact and 2020 Program Goals
We have great things planned for 2020 here at Bridge House and Ready to Work!
We will focus on expanding and deepening the impact of Ready to Work in Boulder and Aurora by seeking opportunities to develop more employment opportunities for adults experiencing homelessness through social enterprise.
We will continue to address hunger though our Community Table Kitchen social enterprise by continuing Community Table meals and expanding our recent pilot to produce meals for low-income families distributed through food pantry partners, like Emergency Family Assistance Association and Harvest of Hope.
We will build on our current innovative housing models and will pursue more creative solutions – such as master leasing single family homes from landlords, partnering with developers to create non-traditional and workforce housing, and entertaining options to expand the availability of congregate living units.
And, we will continue to challenge the status quo by optimizing the use of our resources, executing with excellence, and staying authentic to who we are – we are unstoppable in the face of homelessness.
Here are some of our highlights from 2019:
- We had 53 Ready to Work trainees graduate with mainstream employment and independent housing.
- We served 188,255 dinners to people experiencing hunger at our Community Table Dinners, the Ready to Work houses and food pantry partner programs.
- Path to Home found 344 successful exits for individuals transitioning out of homelessness.
- Our Outdoor Crew in the Ready to Work program worked 17,532 hours for the City of Boulder and 21,820 hours for the City of Aurora providing community improvement services.
- Our Community Table Kitchen prepared 350 Christmas Day meals which were served by our amazing volunteers to people in need at the Boulder ChopHouse.
- We won the Google Impact Challenge’s People’s Choice Award!