Ready to Work Transition Case Manager
Bridge House’s Ready to Work program is a holistic model providing homeless adults with housing, paid transitional work in a Bridge House social enterprise, and case management support. Trainees learn job skills, earn and save money, build a rental and work history for one year as a stepping stone to permanent work and housing. The Ready to Work House and Employment Center offers housing for 44 men and women.
Bridge House’s Ready to Work program is hiring a Fulltime Transition Case Manager who is extremely organized, possesses an acute attention to detail, is very self-motivated and has excellent people skills. The Transition Case Manager position has a three pronged responsibility: developing relationships with local businesses/organizations and connecting with clients so as to effectively refer the appropriate Ready to Work trainees who are ready to transition into full time employment to potential employers; coordinating the housing search for people transitioning from the program at the one year mark; the third responsibility is to develop and maintain an alumni/graduate program, ensuring that graduates from the program have support for at least a year once they leave. The Transition Case Manager will work closely with the Employment Specialist, Case Managers, House Managers and Program Director at Ready to Work in order to understand trainee’s skills and competencies, career interests and possible barriers towards employment that may need to be addressed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers, community organizations, and leaders to assist clients in gaining and/or maintaining employment.
- Foster effective relationships with RTW Trainees in order to successfully coach and assist them in their job search and job retention.
- Gather, compile and maintain current labor market and business data to provide information to case management team and participants.
- Create and maintain a database of employers and employment opportunities.
- Utilize the employer relationships to develop specific job leads and secure quality job placements. • Attend a minimum of one networking event per month.
- Coordinate the housing search with community partners for trainees getting ready to transition from the program.
- Work with landlords to educate them on the program, and how we support trainees once they leave the program.
- Take trainees to housing appointments, to ensure that the landlord understands our program, and to help trainees gain self-confidence in the housing search process.
- Develop an aftercare program for graduates.
- Establish a close relationship with graduates, and encourage them to continue to be involved in events at the Ready to Work program.
- Responsible for data collection on graduates for a year following successful completion of program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service or relating field of study with at least two years of experience in human services, nonprofit management, career coaching, or another relevant position.
- Experience with low-income and homeless populations.
- Excellent oral, written, organizational and record keeping skills.
- Superb communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Boulder County labor market and familiarity with local industries and sectors is highly preferred.
- Successful experience working with persons with diverse backgrounds.
- Well-developed presentation and facilitation skills.
- Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with Boulder Bridge House Staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office, in addition to all Google Drive Applications, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Apricot reporting systems is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred. Supervision:
- The Transition Case Manager reports to the Ready to Work Program Director.
On-Call Attendant Counselor
RTW House Bridge House is currently seeking an on-call attendant counselor for its Ready to Work house. Bridge House runs innovative programs including the Resource Center providing case management services to more than 1500 unique individuals each year, and the Ready to Work employment and housing program providing 44 homeless adults jobs in social enterprise as a stepping stone to self-sufficiency. Bridge House employs 27 Full time staff and 12 Part time staff and 44 trainees in the Ready to Work program. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a great flexible working environment, if you’re ready to grow with Bridge House please submit your resume for consideration.
On-call Attendant Counselor Ready to Work Program
Description of Work:
This position is the On-call Attendant Counselor, responsible for covering a variety of shifts in the Ready to Work transitional housing program. This position requires great attention to detail, and flexibility in the monitoring and supervision of residents in a 44-bed residential program. Program services include intervening in emotional and medical crises, providing a monitored safe living space, and providing support and encouragement to residents. All Bridge House and Ready to Work staff is responsible for creating a positive, client-centered culture.
Shift Hours: The hours of available shifts will vary; and-calls are not guaranteed a set amount of hours. On-calls will submit their availability by the 5th of the month for the following month’s schedule. On-calls must be available for 2 night shifts per week, including one weekend, and be able to work major holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracks sign in/out documentation to maintain accurate census.
- Conduct hourly rounds on all residents, keeping an accurate count of all residents in the building.
- Monitor building equipment for repairs and request outside service when necessary.
- Maintain inventory of building supplies and communicate with House Managers on needed items.
- Monitors compliance with policies and procedures in resident handbook. Coordinates action in response to medical and other emergencies.
- Provides crisis intervention for residents.
- Maintains and updates client data.
- Provide input to case management team on trainee performance.
- Monitor in-house janitorial crew based on daily check list.
- Communicate with supervisors on outside work crew’s schedules.
- Oversee meal set up and clean up with assistance for trainees.Promote and model the values and vision of Bridge House, in day to day work and in relationships with community partners and the public.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: 6 months of human service experience or other relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Desire to help homeless men and women transition to stability.
- Working knowledge of issues relevant to homelessness and legally mandated clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) program policies and procedures.
- Ability to verbally de-escalate situations, or the willingness to learn verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to work effectively with angry, argumentative, resistant, and possibly intoxicated clients in an understanding, consistent, and stable way.
- Must show excellent judgment regarding client-related issues, including confidentiality, legal, and emergency crisis situations.
- Physical assessment and intervention skills, including basic first aid training and CPR training.
- Culturally sensitive, with the ability to work effectively with clients from diverse populations.
- Ability to work well under stress.
- Ability to work well with coworkers and the public.
- CAC supervision available for appropriate candidates.
- Must have CPR certification (current or within three months of hiring).