Event Coordinator Assistant
An ideal candidate for this position would have an outgoing and positive personality with superior communication skills, both on the phone and in person; ability to multi-task, manage short- and long-term deadlines; and knowledge about auctions and event planning. Must be available occasional weekends and nights. This is a part-time position.
Bridge House holds multiple events each year. This position will support the Development Director in all aspects of event planning throughout the year, as well as manage aspects of our yearly raffle.
- Assist Development Director in planning and implementing multiple events in 2016 – events include Annual Client Art Show, Farm to Table Dinner, and Homeless Persons’ Memorial
- Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in procuring high end silent auction items for annual Art Show
- Complete business sponsor and donor recognition for all donations made during all events
- Coordinate with multiple venues on all details pertaining to the different events
- Work with Development Director to procure new event check in and check out software
- Work closely with Bridge House art teacher to coordinate client art work for Bridge House’s Annual Art Show
- Assist Development Director with set up and breakdown of all events.
- Guiding volunteers during the events
- Assist Development Director and Executive Director in ensuring large guest turnout to all events. Including but not limited to;
- Making cold calls to local supporters
- Reaching out to local businesses to recruit guests
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator in order to find volunteers to man each raffling table event
- Attend and manage volunteers at raffle tabling events
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills required
- 2 years of experience in planning events
- Ability to problem solve during hectic situations
- Detail oriented
- Previous success procuring silent auction items
- Passionate about agency’s mission
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com