In 2009 Dennis lost his full time job. Unable to find steady employment Dennis ended up living on the streets. He spent his days selling the Denver Voice and his…Continue reading
Please share your gifts with us and help to turn people’s lives around!
Most volunteer opportunities are Monday – Friday, though we occasionally have special projects on the weekends, too. Here are some of our most in demand opportunities, most of which involve directly serving our clients, or even working alongside them which provides potent moments of meaningful interactions:
Serve meals to our guests at breakfast and lunch at the Bridge House, some light food prep and dish cleaning included. Available five days a week for two and a half hour shifts.
Be part of our fabulous cooking crew, where we cook all of our nutritious & delicious meals for the week. Choose from Monday – Thursday mornings from approximately 8:30am – noon — they have a lot of fun and do such important work!
Other important volunteer opportunities
- Data-entry and other light office work is often needed during week days at Bridge House.
- Drivers are needed to pick up food around town from various restaurants on a weekly basis.
- Talk to the public about our organization at events like farmer’s markets, non-profit fairs, etc…
- Join our “Angel at the Table” program which is specifically designed to interact with our clients and give them personal attention and support in an informal atmosphere.
- During the late spring & summer months you can work in our garden with our clients which provides nutritious produce for our meals.
- Offer help with our job placement programs: leading mock interviews, helping with resumes, or assisting with their job search on-line.
- We’re currently looking for a hairdresser to offer haircuts to our clients.
- Join one of our committees such as Fundraising or our Events committee. These are important groups which report to our Board of Directors and we need more active members!
Volunteer Sign Up Form
Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Scott Medina at Scott@BoulderBridgeHouse.org, 720-235-6050, who would be happy to discuss your interests and find the right fit.
To get started, we recommend attending our New Volunteer Orientation which is held most Mondays at 10:30am. Contact Scott to RSVP for this orientation, or if that time frame doesn’t work for you, other arrangements can be made.
We’d love for you to join the hundreds of volunteers who currently support the foundation of the Bridge House’s work in our community!