At Bridge House, we rely on the generosity of people like you to serve the thousands of people who come to our Resource Center or join our Ready to Work program. Please consider Making a Gift, Donating your Time, or Sharing Your Stuff with Bridge House.
Make a Financial Gift
You can make a big difference in the life of a homeless man or woman by providing financial assistance to our programs like Ready to Work or the Resource Center. A little goes a long way at Bridge House.
- A gift of $25 provides one-hour of mental health counseling to people in need
- A gift of $100 will provide 80 meals for the homeless and working poor in Boulder
- A gift of $500 will provide Rental assistance to prevent homelessness for 5 households
- A gift of $1000 will provide 50 hours of individual mental health counseling services
- A gift of $2000 will provide one year of ID funds for clients to obtain the appropriate identification to find employment
- A gift of $5000 will support on site intake and assessment for 200 individuals seeking services at the Resource Center
- A gift of $10,000 will sponsor the annual wages of a Ready to Work trainee
Ways to Get Involved
There are many ways to get involved with Bridge House:
- Invite us to educate your community with a presentation on homelessness
- Connect us with you business in order hire our Ready to Work crew, sponsor our annual event, or have your company participate in a fundraising benefit for Bridge House.
Donate your Time
We have a volunteer opportunity for nearly every schedule and skill level. Some examples of volunteer jobs include:
- To help with meal preparation, serving and clean up
- To assist with administrative tasks to help organize our outreach events
- To take videos and photos at special events
Share Your Stuff
Clients Winter Needs
ibuprofen, Cold medicine, Cough drops, Chap stick, Hand warmers, Razors, Snow boots for men and women, Eye glasses, Sun glasses, Notebooks, Belts, Pens, Envelopes and stamps, Phone cards,Tarps, Men’s Gloves, Women’s gloves, Twine for tarps, Women’s underwear, Bras, Women’s socks, Rain ponchos, Camp stoves, Can openers, Laundry detergent
Bridge House Food Donation Policy
Thank you so much for your interest and efforts in donating food to Bridge House. We really appreciate you thinking of us — thank you for all you do!
Because of health department regulations, limited space and nutritional needs we can only accept certain foods which must be in their sealed, original packaging. We cannot accept most other items, largely due to safety issues, with certain exceptions by advanced notice only.
We have a crucial need for the following unexpired food items in their original packaging. Will you remember us during you’re next grocery store visit by purchasing and bringing by unexpired ground coffee, canned beans, canned tomatoes (cans need to be in a case lot, and not just individual cans), cold cereal, peanut butter, jelly, protein bars, instant oatmeal, salt, pepper, tea (bags), ketchup, mustard, hot sauce and salad dressing
Bridge House Clothing Donation Policy
We have very limited storage space, and so encourage clothes which are only season appropriate (i.e. no winter jackets during the summer). If you have more donations than we can handle, you can bring them to Deacon’s Closet (303-530-2635, http://www.fpcboulder.org/deacons-closet/) or Goodwill. These facilities have greater storage areas for clothing items and may distribute to the homeless in need.
Clothing items we currently suggest for donation for Spring/Summer
- Clean/Laundered men and women’s shoes, sandals, steel toe boots, hiking boots.
- Clean/Laundered men and women’s pants, skirts, dresses, jeans, shorts.
- Clean/Laundered men and women’s undergarments.
- Clean/Laundered men and women’s dress shirts, collared shirts, t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, tank tops.
- Clean/Laundered men & women’s suit coats, suit pants or vests.
- Men and women’s belts.
- Men’s dress ties.
- Camping/Outdoor items we currently suggest for Spring/Summer
- Tents [complete sets with matching poles]
- Backpacks [framed or book bags]
- Tarps [all sizes]
- Sleeping bags [all sizes]
- Rain gear [men and women]
Guidelines for Quality Donations
- Please launder all clothing/fabric items before donation. We are not currently able to launder donation items of any sort.
- We are currently open from 9a.m.-3p.m. Optimum time for donating items is between 12:30p.m.-2:30p.m. Donations will be accepted outside of these times but please be prepared for a brief wait.
- Clothing items that are missing buttons, unwashed, contain broken zippers, are torn or ripped, mismatching shoes, cigarette burns, off season items [i.e. winter jackets in summer, bathing suits in winter, shorts in winter] are not recommended for donation due to limited storage space and diminished client need.
- Off-season items can be donated to Deacon’s Closet, Goodwill Industries, etc.
We’d love for you to bring these by anytime during our business hours 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
We’d also love to have you further involved with Bridge House! Please get in touch with us anytime. Together we are creating programs that provide basic needs and a Bridge of Opportunity for the most vulnerable men, women and families who are members of our community.
For more information or to start volunteering today, please contact Scott Medina, Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com or 720-235-6050